Memberships in the Church Music Institute comprise two basic groups of supporters:
- musicians and clergy who want access to resources, training and education for their church ministry
- persons who want to contribute in various ways to the well-being of church music, including financial support, and to further their understanding of the field of church music
Active members qualify for individual or church/institutional memberships. All active memberships receive newsletters, reduced or free admission to events, workshops and courses, and access to the on-site and online library of music. Institutional memberships include selected staff members or laity of a particular church/institution whose names are placed on the membership form.
- Individual Membership is a $75/year subscription.
- Emeritus Membership is a $45/year subscription
- Student Membership is a $45/year subscription
- Church or Institutional Membership is a $200/year subscription and allows 5 individuals to access membership.
Sustaining Members provide gifts to support the workshops, educational offerings, and Resource Library operations of the Church Music Institute. Sustaining Members receive the satisfaction of helping musicians and clergy by providing the best in music resources, training, spiritual resources, and knowledge needed for music leadership. Sustaining Members are afforded all the benefits of active membership, including newsletters, and make inspirational music possible for the larger church at worship.
Suggested Annual Sustaining Memberships are $10,000, $5,000, $1,000, $500, $250, and $100 or any amount chosen by the donor.
Gifts of stock, securities, or real estate to benefit CMI may be given through a donor's chosen foundation or through Texas Presbyterian Foundation, 800-955-3155. For more information, see Texas Presbyterian Foundation.