You must be a member to access this page. Please login to continue to page.
Already a member?Login Now
Membership Types & Benefits
Memberships in the Church Music Institute comprise two basic groups of supporters:
- Musicians and clergy who want access to resources, training and education for their church ministry
- Persons who want to contribute in various ways to the well-being of church music, including financial support, and to further their understanding of the field of church music
Active members qualify for individual or church/institutional memberships. All active memberships receive newsletters, reduced or free admission to events, workshops and courses, and access to the on-site and online library of music. Institutional memberships include selected staff members or laity of a particular church/institution whose names are placed on the membership form.
The Church Music Institute provides a trusted source of professionally curated and vetted music for worship and offers educational opportunities for church musicians, clergy, and laity who want to join a community committed to excellence in worship.
- Discounts to CMI events across the U.S.
- Access to the Sacred Music Online Libraries (anthems and organ compositions)
- Use of the CMI Library
- News of current events in church music
- Articles about church music
- Links to sites helpful to church leaders
- Social and professional networking with colleagues
- Personal assistance offered by CMI professional staff
Sustaining donors provide gifts to support the workshops, educational offerings, and Resource Library operations of the Church Music Institute. Sustaining donors receive the satisfaction of helping musicians and clergy by providing the best in music resources, training, spiritual resources, and knowledge needed for music leadership. Sustaining donors are afforded all the benefits of active membership, including newsletters, and make inspirational music possible for the larger church at worship.
Suggested Annual Sustaining levels are $10,000, $5,000, $1,000, $500 and $250 or any amount chosen by the donor. Gifts may be made online or Give to CMI. Designations are also available to the CMI General Fund, Sacred Music Library, Hal Hopson Lectureship Fund or Paul Lindsley Thomas Lectureship Fund. Gifts of stock, securities, or real estate to benefit CMI may be given through a donor's chosen foundation or through Texas Presbyterian Foundation, 800-955-3155. For more information, see Texas Presbyterian Foundation.